We believe that it is important for anyone who is learning to play tennis or is an aspiring tennis player to see a tennis tournament being played in person. This is essential as it gives players a better understanding of what they are trying to achieve, the level of intensity they can reach, and the competitiveness of the game.
It is because of these reasons we established the Field Trip program in order to make seeing live professional tennis more accessible for students who have busy parents.
The Field Trip is a group outing where students will meet the instructor at a drop off point at the location of the tournament, it is important to note that you must meet the instructor at the location before dropping the child off. Each student will be given a name tag with Bay Team Tennis Academy written on it.
We are strict when it comes to safety and have created many methods in order to ensure this safety.
Our Methods for Safety
- Each student attending the event will have a name tag.
- Each student will have a partner that they will be responsible for staying together and not let the other student go out of sight.
- When we are moving through crowds, we will make a single file line, having all of the kids hold hands to ensure no one gets taken away from the group.
- The instructors will be standing at the front of the line and at the back of the line to make sure no one gets ahead or falls behind.
- Students will only be able to use the restroom when we are in our seats at the event, and must be accompanied by an instructor to take them to the restroom.
Events we are interested in going to in 2022:
Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic
Date: August 3-9, 2022
The Mubadala Silicon Valley Classic is the longest-running women-only professional tennis tournament in the world and is the first stop of the US Open Series. Owned and operated by IMG, the WTA Premier event features a 28-player singles draw and a 16-team doubles draw with total prize money of $876,183. Held on the campus of San José State University, former champions include: Billie Jean King, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Andrea Jaeger, Monica Seles, Martina Hingis, Lindsay Davenport, Serena Williams, Venus Williams and Kim Clijsters.
Nordic Naturals Challenger
Dates: August 4 – 11, 2020
The Nordic Naturals Challenger is located in Santa Cruz and has been around since the 1980’s. This tournament lasts a few days, unfortunately as a group we will not be able to attend all five days, however if we do get enough kids to sign up we will be able to spend one or two days at the tournament.
Contact Us for more Information
If you know of a local tournament going on and think it would be a good place to take a field trip with the students, contact us with information about the event below.